Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?

From: PFC
Subject: Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
    Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Hannu Krosing, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (PFC, )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
     Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Rod Taylor, )
     Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Hannu Krosing, )
     Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Josh Berkus, )
      Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Oleg Bartunov, )
      Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Greg Stark, )
    Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (PFC, )
    Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Hannu Krosing, )
     Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Alvaro Herrera, )
      Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Hannu Krosing, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Stacy White", )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Steve Atkins, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (PFC, )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Greg Stark, )
    Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Simon Riggs, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Stacy White", )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Greg Stark, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Yann Michel, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Stacy White", )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Stacy White", )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Hannu Krosing, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Hannu Krosing, )
  Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: What needs to be done for real Partitioning?  ("Roger Hand", )

> It would also be reasonable to allow clustering individual partitions;
> creating table or column constraints on some partitions and not others;

    I have a session mamagement which works like that, using views now.

    sessions.online is a table of the online sessions. It has a UNIQUE on
user_id.
    sessions.archive contains all the closed sessions. Obviously it does not
have a UNIQUE on user_id.