Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10
Date
List pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver schrieb am 26.05.2017 um 23:16:

>>> I wasn't sure where the problem is, I will report this to BigSQL as well.
>>>
>>> However, the xml2 extension is included. The extension control file as well as libxml2-2.dll.
>>
>> But the error message is looking for pgxml.dll, not libxml2-2.dll.
>> Those are clearly different files.
>
> Well Thomas is using pg_upgrade from a BigSQL 10beta1 install to
> upgrade from a 9.6 instance of unknown provenance. pg_upgrade is
> complaining that the 9.6 cluster has pgxml.dll whereas the 10beta1
> cluster does not even though xml2 is installed on both clusters. The
> question is this a packaging oops on the part of BigSQL or something
> else?

Interesting enough, the same error message appears when I run "create extension xml2;" on Postgres 10.
It somehow looks as if there is a DLL dependency between XML2 and whatever uses pgxml.dll (the new xmltable perhaps?)

>  from a 9.6 instance of unknown provenance

The 9.6 installation is a 9.6.2 binary from EnterpriseDB (unfortunately they don't supply the beta binaries, otherwise
Iwould have used those)

Thomas