Re: LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Subject Re: LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal index
Date
List pgsql-performance

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:20 PM, <Sherry.CTR.Zhu@faa.gov> wrote:

Guys,

  Thanks for trying and opening your mind.
  If you want to know how Oracle addressed this issue, here it is:  index on two columns.  I remember that they told me in the training postgres has no this kind of index, can someone clarify?

lies. postgresql allows you indices on multiple columns. What it does not have, is index on multiple tables.

--
GJ