Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rainer Bauer
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit  (Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Shelby Cain wrote:

>--- Trevor Talbot <quension@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/20/07, Shelby Cain <alyandon@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'd personally vote for a lower warning limit like 175 as I can
>> > consistently crash Postgresql on Windows system right around the
>> 200th
>> > connection.
>>
>> What error gets logged for your crashes?
>>

>It's been a while but IIRC there wasn't anything in the logs other than
>an entry noting that a backend had crashed unexpectedly so the
>postmaster was restarting all active backends.  I can trivially
>reproduce it at work on my workstation if you need the exact error
>text.

I could reproduce this here:

Server closed the connection unexpectedly
This probaly means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing
the request

2007-10-20 23:33:42 LOG:  server process (PID 5240) exited with exit code
-1073741502

Shelby, are you using the /3GB switch by chance? This will half the no. of
available handles on your system.

Rainer