Transferring databases to another Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harry Knitter
Subject Transferring databases to another Server
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

after a crash of my 64-bit server I have set up a new server (32 bit).
The harddsisk of the former server is now in my new server and I have access
to the partion where the data were stored.
I have tried the following:
I copied the contents of /var/lib/pgsql from the old installation into the
same directory of the new one.
Restarting postgresql fails with the following entry in the log file:

FATAL: wrong checksum in control file

(the log entry I translated from German, so I don?t know if it is exact the
same message having an English installation.)

How can I fix this?

I am using SuSE 10.0 with posgresql 8.0.3-5

Thanks in advance