Re: Re: Call for platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From thomas graichen
Subject Re: Re: Call for platforms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnqwest.no> wrote:
> Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:

>> NetBSD Sparc       7.0 2000-04-13, Tom I. Helbekkmo

> Fetching the latest source kit now -- hope to have regression tests
> run and a report back to you within a day or two.

>> We need some NetBSD folks to speak up!

> I've once again got a VAX that should be able to run PostgreSQL on
> NetBSD/vax, so I hope to be able to help revitalize that port soon...

it might also be a good idea to ask on the NetBSD ports lists - i
think there will most probably some people trying things out - the
name of the list is
 port-arch@NetBSD.org

where arch is the corresponding NetBSD port name (pmax, macppc, sparc,
i386, arm32, ...)

this might also be a good idea for the mips test-and-set thing (on
the port-pmax list - there are a lot of people knowing all that
stuff very well)

also it might be worth to eventually ask on the alpha@FreeBSD.org
list for someone willing to play with PostgreSQL on FreeBSD/alpha

just some ideas ...

thomas graichen <tgr@spoiled.org> ... perfection is reached, not
when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no
longer anything to take away. --- antoine de saint-exupery