Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Morgan Lloyd
Subject Re: [pg_hba.conf] publish own Python application using PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Jan de Visser wrote:
> On July 6, 2015 06:43:53 AM c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote:
>> On 2015-07-05 15:13 Jan de Visser <jan@de-visser.net> wrote:
>>> You could set up a whole new server with a different $PGDATA on a
>>> different port.
>> I (and the user) don't want to setup anything - that is the point.
>
> Well, you don't have to setup anything. You do an initdb in a different
> directory, that will write a .conf file there, which you then massage to
> include a different port. You'll use the same binaries as the standard pgsql
> install, but in a different environment.

I'm not sure that helps, since I think part of the question is what the
"true Debian way" is to massage the configuration files to include
appropriate entries.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk