Re: FUD!! ODBC will not be supported by Microsoft in the future - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: FUD!! ODBC will not be supported by Microsoft in the future
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when slutz@alacritude.com ("Steve Lutz") would write:
> Yes, can you please be more specific, what problems have you had with
> it? We are in the process of moving from Oracle on Sun to Postgres on
> Linux with front end windows machines. What problems have you had with
> the Postgres ODBC drivers on Windows?

The issue isn't with present condition of ODBC drivers.

It is that "Windows 2004," which will presumably start getting forced
onto your desktop machines next year, may no longer support ODBC in
favor of [Fill In New DB Access System Here].

So long as you can get licenses to older MSFT software, it would not
be a big issue.  If diminishment of ODBC support led to some sort of
hue and cry, Microsoft might relent, although it would be unremarkable
for that to involve them doing some work to break access to "foreign"
databases, where possible.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html