Re: Slony-I 1.0.4 Released - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Slony-I 1.0.4 Released
Date
List pgsql-general
Oops! Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> Chris Browne wrote:
>  > The Slony-I team is proud to present the 1.0.4 release of the most
>  > advanced replication solution for the most advanced Open Source
>  > Database in the world.
>  >
>  > The release tarball is available for download
>  >    http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download/slony1-1.0.4.tar.gz
>
> May I use it on a machine with a postgres 7.4.5 installed with RPM ?

Probably only with some degree of trickery.

In the "1.0" series, it needs a copy of the PostgreSQL source tree.  I
believe it uses that to refer it to where its components should be
installed.

In 1.1 (in CVS HEAD), it takes some advantage of the "pgxs" support,
so that you may instead point to the #includes, libs, and binaries.
But that's definitely a "work in progress," as opposed to something
that is complete.

All I can say for certain is that getting this sort of thing to work
on AIX is not fun, whatever the approach :-(.
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html