Re: Programatically switching database - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Programatically switching database
Date
List pgsql-sql
Clinging to sanity, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) mumbled into her beard:
> ow <oneway_111@yahoo.com> writes:
>> My concern though ... wouldn't pgSql server collapse when faced with
>> transaction spawning across 100M+ records?
>
> No.  You're extrapolating from Oracle-specific assumptions again.

Or from MySQL-specific assumptions :-).

It seems reasonable (absent of particular knowledge to the contrary)
that the size of a transaction might be _expected_ to be some sort of
constraint; it is quite surprising that it isn't, and I don't think
that's purely based on the mistake of assuming that the whole world
does things exactly like Oracle.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/postgresql.html