Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
In the last exciting episode, josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus) wrote:
> PLEASE run your response by the list before sending it to them.  The
> MySQL vs. PostgreSQL issue is a hot topic and we really don't want
> to make a bad impression on people outside our community.

... And it has historically been pretty common for there to be claims
made that were true for old versions of some system, but which have
been remedied in newer versions.  That's often true whether the
comparison is between MySQL and PostgreSQL, or Linux and FreeBSD.

> The MySQL team now has the general policy of doing the same thing
> (they didn't always, I know, but things have changed), and we can
> hardly afford to be seen as less fair than them.

Or, to put things another way, just because scurrilous things have
been said in the past does not justify spreading mistruths now.
--
output = ("aa454" "@" "freenet.carleton.ca")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html