Re: What's up with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: What's up with EnterpriseDB?
Date
List pgsql-general
> I saw their announment today and they said they have Oracle compatiblility.
>
> What exactly does this mean?  They don't go into any details.  Did
> they implement a Oracle compatible proc language or something?

I believe you are correct.

It's probably safer to say "they have implemented a more nearly Oracle
compatible procedural language."

You can get /some/ feel for it by looking at the recent release
notes...  <http://www.enterprisedb.com/releasenotes.do>

- They have a "DUAL" table (a table guaranteed to have 1 row)
- You don't need the full function argument "signature" in order
  to drop a function; just name the function
- They seem to have added in a SYS user

You can download version 8.0.3.12, which presumably includes some
amount of documentation...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/