Re: postgres book - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: postgres book
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoth destiney@gmail.com (Greg Donald):
> I'm thinking of getting this book and was wondering if anyone had
> anything bad (or good) to say about it?  More than that I'd really
> like to know what version of Postgres it covers, the sample pages
> don't seem to say.

It's up to date for about 7.2, which is really about the best that any
book offers at present.  It has _very_ good sections describing file
layouts and how to read query plans.

I keep the O'Reilly book _more_ handy for the sake of the function
summaries that are a bit easier to get at, but otherwise, I prefer
Douglas' & Douglas' book.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ntlug.org")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/sap.html