Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> Hi,
>> On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 21:27 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>>> I had to deal with an installer written in python and several in
>>> Java... IMHO, Java would be a better language for this and you could
>>> build off some nice OSS installers that already exist (such as
>>> IzPack).  Just my 2 cents :)
>> Bundling Java is a pain, so we'd better stay away from that.
>>

> There's always gcj. It's pretty mature by now. I'm not sure about
> availability compared to Python though, but I find it hard to believe
> it would be more painful.

On several occasions, I have installed graphical Python apps; it has
never been the bag of worms involved in getting a Java environment
into place...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'gmail.com';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/wp.html