Re: help with getting index scan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: help with getting index scan
Date
List pgsql-general
"Thomas T. Thai" <tom@minnesota.com> writes:

> i just tried turning off seq scan and the query still takes up to 8
> seconds which is 7 seconds too long. btw, how do you clean the cache
> from the last query?

I took a detailed look at your schema and I'm not enough of a guru to
offer any more advice (I've never used gist indexes or anything like
that).  Maybe Tom or someone with more knowledge than I will weigh
in.

The only way I know of to "clear the cache" is to restart the
database.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863