Re: [GENERAL] v7.2.1 Released: Critical Bug Fix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: [GENERAL] v7.2.1 Released: Critical Bug Fix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dean Hill" <dean@metweld.com> writes:

> I was wondering if it is documented as to exactly how to do a minor
> upgrade.  I've not been able to find it in the past, and I end up doing
> a full install, dump/reload.  I'm running postgresql on nt/2000 using
> cygwin.  Thanks -Dean

Minor upgrades do not require a dump/restore; the on-disk file format
remains the same.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...