Re: [Fwd: Re: PG functions in Java: maybe use gcj?] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Doug McNaught
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: PG functions in Java: maybe use gcj?]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:

> If we had to supply gcj along with PostgreSQL in order for PostgreSQL to
> work, I guess that would mean gcj was incorporated in PostgreSQL - that
> would mean PostgreSQL would become subject to GPL protection.

Not true--"mere aggregation" (shipping two things together) does not
require all the aggregated software to be GPL'd.  And you're not
linking to the gcj compiler, just running it.

This particular part of the problem is a non-issue.

-Doug