Re: Suggestions for benchmarking 7.4RC2 against 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Suggestions for benchmarking 7.4RC2 against 7.3
Date
Re: Suggestions for benchmarking 7.4RC2 against 7.3  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah@trade-india.com>)
List pgsql-performance
After a long battle with technology,mallah@trade-india.com (Rajesh Kumar Mallah), an earthling, wrote:
> the error mentioned in first email has been overcome
> by running osdb on the same machine hosting the DB server.

Yes, it seems unrealistic to try to run the "client" on a separate
host from the database.

I got the osdb benchmark running last week, and had to separate client
from server.  I had to jump through a fair number of hoops including
copying data files over to the server.  The benchmark software needs a
bit more work...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html