Re: PG8 final when - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: PG8 final when
Date
List pgsql-general
The world rejoiced as csegyud@vnet.hu (Együd Csaba) wrote:
> as far as I can remember I somewhere read an article - maybe somwhere on a
> dbforum or the postgresql.org - which stated that after the RC1 the final
> version is required to be announced at around 15. dec. May be I'm
> misinformed.

You're misinformed.  Nothing of the sort is "required to be
announced."

If everything had gone _perfectly_ well with the first release
candidate, a release might have gone out.  In view of there being some
issues found on some platforms leading to a fair number of bug fixes,
the final release won't be a result of RC1.  It might be the result of
RC2, in another couple or three weeks, but that again assumes that it
is ready after testing RC2, which leaves a dose of uncertainty.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://linuxfinances.info/info/slony.html