Re: Redhat RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Redhat RPMs
Date
List pgsql-general
Oops! nandrews@investsystems.co.uk ("Nigel J. Andrews") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> I've not looked at many RPMs but I must say that the few I have have
> never been relocatable. Can the postgresql RPMs not be made
> relocatable?

Unfortunately, relocation would have to include the init scripts, and
that would be pretty hairy.  The notion of "relocatable RPMs" came up
early in its design, but the only case where that will be particularly
usable is if the components are mostly binaries that only make
relative path references.  That situation is unusual, to say the
least.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('aa454','freenet.carleton.ca').
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/postgresql.html