Re: Ridicolus Postgresql review - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunnar Rønning
Subject Re: Ridicolus Postgresql review
Date
List pgsql-general
* "Andrea Aime" <aaime@comune.modena.it> wrote:

| If you want to get angry, take a look at:

| " However, unlike most commercial databases, users do not have
|   the ability to create their own stored procedures" (what?)

I can't find anything in the documentation in PostgreSQL on how to make
a stored procedure return a result set. AFAIK it cannot and then it is not
really fair to claim that pgsql has stored procedures.

Some other goodies from the article :

"PostgreSQL provides support for queries and data manipulation
statements that span multiple database instances."

"Both MySQL and PostgreSQL are multithreaded servers"

But I agree, this author is a joke.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/