Re: Streaming replication, retrying from archive - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Streaming replication, retrying from archive
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, a lot of that logic and states is completely unnecessary until we
> have a synchronous mode. Even then, it seems complex.

I hope we'll find something less complex, what I proposed is heavily
inspired from londiste (Skytools) table addition to a replication set
(parallel COPY), which works fine.

> Here's what I've been hacking:
[...]
> So there's just two states:
>
> 1. Recovering from archive
> 2. Streaming
>
> We start from 1, and switch state at error.

Oh yes that's even more simple!

> This gives nice behavior from a user point of view. Standby tries to
> make progress using either the archive or streaming, whichever becomes
> available first.

So tools like pitrtools or walmgr.py will certainly continue being
necessary to use in 9.0, right?

--
dim