Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!

From: Dimitri Fontaine
Subject: Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Chris Travers, )
 Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Jeff Davis, )
  Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Simon Riggs, )
   Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Pavel Stehule, )
    Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  ("Kevin Grittner", )
      Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Fernando Fontana, )
      Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
  Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Darren Duncan, )
  Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Thomas Kellerer, )
   Re: Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!  (Chris Travers, )

Josh Berkus <> writes:
>>> I think we should call Postgres a multi-model database.
> "NewSQL".   ;-)

YeSQL.

More seriously, I too think that "object-relational" is not descriptive
of what PostgreSQL has to offer. Extensible relational would be more
accurate, and I like "Multi-Model" better, even when that sounds a
little like "roll your own, we don't care that much".

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine                                        06 63 07 10 78