Re: Base Backup Streaming - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Base Backup Streaming
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yes, especially since we discussed it in Stuttgart. I guess it may
> have been during the party...

I remember we talked about it, I didn't remember a patch had reached the list…

> Yes, if it should go in any of the current binaries, initdb would be
> the reasonable place, not pg_ctl ;)

Well, pg_ctl is able to call initdb for users, but yes.

> That said, if we're going to wrap pg_streamrecv into 9.1 (which I
> think we should), then *that* is where it should go.

They should at least cooperate so that you don't need to setup WAL
archiving explicitly while preparing the standby, if at least possible.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine