Re: Sponsorship Page Country - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Sponsorship Page Country
Date
Re: Sponsorship Page Country  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www
> Personally, I don't see any relevance in listing a country and would
> like that removed. 2ndQuadrant has been doing business outside UK for
> 10+ years, so its somewhat disingenuous to say "UK" next to it, as if
> we were limited to only that locality. I hear that some other
> companies also do business outside of their listed country.

I agree that we should either remove that column of expand it to full
coverage. It's harmful rather than anything else in its current form.

My understanding of why this information is provided at all would be, if
I had to guess, to show that we're talking about a worldwide project.
Then what about making a Map, even static, with whole countries colored
in the PostgreSQL logo color anywhere we have some company players. Not
just the head-quarters, but active people available to hire locally.

This would way more useful.

Last time I had to find a world map image, I used that one:
 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BlankMap-World-2009.PNG

I don't have the necessary skills to color it myself, please have at it
(or even better, use PostGIS!) :)

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine