Re: extension_control_path - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: extension_control_path
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I didn't suggest anywhere that the proposed patch changed the rules at
> all- instead I was trying to point out that by adding this functionality
> and *not* changing the way that lookup is done *is going to cause
> confusion*.

I don't see any confusion about dynamic library name resolving added
from the extension_control_path, I'm sorry. Simply because I don't
expect people to use the facility without a third party software
designed to fill-in the gap.

You're saying that the backend should fill the gap, I'm saying that it
should not. Or maybe within another patch entirely.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine