Re: Re: logical changeset generation v3 - comparison to Postgres-R change set format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Re: logical changeset generation v3 - comparison to Postgres-R change set format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
>> Does this hint that postgreSQL also needs an sameness operator
>> ( "is" or "===" in same languages).
>
> How do people feel about adding a real sameness operator ?

Well. I would prefer it if we can bypass the need for it.

Then Do we need the full range of eq, eql, equal and equalp predicates,
and would all of them allow overriding or just some?
 http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/node74.html

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine