From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix "element <@ range" cost estimation.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> Hmm.  Just to be sure I used maintainer-clean and another initdb
> and now I don't see it.  If I see it again I'll get a stack trace,
> but for now it's not throwing the error.

It happened to me way too many times to have to do maintainer-clean for
reasons I didn't understand, and I've been told that when it happens,
you have to look at the how the build is done.

It might be useful to talk some more about those strange cases where we
have to maintainer-clean our local copy for things to get back to normal
so that we are able to fix the build scripts down the road.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine