Re: development setup and libdir - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: development setup and libdir
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> writes:
> Being able to compile and install an extension without a full dev
> environment

is nonsense.

> and without being root

That's easy on a development environment, but you keep insisting in not
having one. Now that's your problem.

> Sorry if it seemed I was complaining, I was trying to give feedback
> while learning my way to write "Hello world".

You seem to have a pretty clear idea of how you want things to work, and
that has nothing to do with how they do. So you're confused at first,
then you want to fix a non existent problem. Please step back, breathe,
and look at your goal and problem again.

Regards,
--
dim