Re: in-catalog Extension Scripts and Control parameters (templates?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: in-catalog Extension Scripts and Control parameters (templates?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
>> > - a template that is created in another template script does not appear
>> > depend on the parent template.
>>
>> I don't think that should be automatically the case, even if I admit I
>> didn't think about that case.
>>
> Really?  My understanding is everything that is created under extension
> depends on the extension, which depends on the template.  Why only template
> is exception?

Oh sorry, I understood you meant at CREATE TEMPLATE FOR EXTENSION time
rather than at CREATE EXTENSION time, and that you were refering to
dependency as in the "require" control parameter.

The pg_depend entry against the extension should be there, will fix.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine