Re: commit fests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: commit fests
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> As for getting more coverage of Beta, part of my trouble in
>> testing applications on Beta is that there aren't good tools I
>> know of for capture and replay of usage scenarios. Now there would
>> be a good project for someone, and it would be unaffected by the
>> Beta cycle.
>
> Did you follow any of the dtester discussion?  That would allow
> replay of complex usage scenarios, although they would be scripted,
> rather than captured.  Would that help any?

And there's already pgfouine to get the scenarios from the logs and
tsung to act as a recording proxy: http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tsung.html
http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/user_manual.html#htoc34

So maybe it would be a good idea to have dtester able to replay a tsung
session file so that we already know how to get this input?

Then dtester would be for validating queries output and tsung for
testing the scalability, both working with the same format.

Regards,
--
dim