Re: Memory leaks in record_out and record_send - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Memory leaks in record_out and record_send
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> OTOH I can't see trying to back-patch a solution like that.   If we want
> to fix this in the back branches (and note the complaint linked above is
> against 8.3), I think we have to do it as attached.
>
> Thoughts?

I've been using textin(record_out(NEW)) in generic partitioning
triggers, and you can find examples of that trick in the wiki, so I
think we have users of that in the field.

Please indeed do consider backpatching!

I don't have an opinion on the opportunity to use a shorter memory
context, I feel that would need some more involved analytics than my
brainpower of the moment allows me to consider.

Thanks,
--
Dimitri Fontaine