Re: Speaking of event triggers ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Speaking of event triggers ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> ... which actual events are currently covered?

Sorry I missed that email before answering to that question in another
thread. Allow me to repeat myself for the archives:

  There's no such user feature as event triggers in 9.3.

I think the documentation should be patched to stress out that the only
way to use them in 9.3 is by writting C code, and that it's only better
than a hook because it's listed in the catalogs.

The only use case you could maybe address is logging identited of
dropped objects, after the fact.

Please be careful not to mention them in any press material.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine