Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> set it too large. Or if I set multiple settings together and you set
> one of them you'll undo my change and lose just part of my changes but
> not stop me from setting the others inconsistently.

So we need to be able to change more than one setting in a single
command and have a lock around the whole command, or maybe have ALTER
SYSTEM SET run in a transaction.

--
Dimitri Fontaine