Re: postgresql.conf archive_command example - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: postgresql.conf archive_command example
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I wasn't really proposing to get rid of it, but I do wonder if there
> are some configuration parameters we could add somewhere that would
> make common cases easier without making really complex things
> impossible.

I think the solution to that problem is to provide a default archive
command that just does the very simple thing, namely moving the WAL file
to some place given as parameter.  Some “local” mount point.

>> Now, providing a more useful sample script is certainly reasonable.

Allow me to insist here, I don't think a sample is what we need to be
providing our users.  I think they deserve a default production grade
implementation of a very simple archive command.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine