Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Responses Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I remind you that event triggers are not fired for global objects
> such as databases and roles.  Do you intend to lift that restriction?

That's not on my TODO list for 9.4. My understanding about implementing
that is:
 - we agree that it would be nice to have, - it requires a separate *shared* catalog for event triggers.

What I'm yet unsure about is that there's a consensus that the use cases
are worthy of a new shared catalog in the system. Also I didn't look how
hard it is to actually provide for it.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine