Re: Extension Templates S03E11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Extension Templates S03E11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> I keep telling you this, and it keeps not sinking in.

How can you say that? I've been spending a couple of years on designing
and implementing and arguing for a complete feature set where dealing
with modules is avoided at all costs.

The problem we have now is that I'm being told that the current feature
is rejected if it includes anything about modules, and not interesting
enough if it's not dealing with modules.

I tried my best to make it so that nothing in-core changes wrt modules,
yet finding out-of-core solutions to still cope with that. It's a
failure, ok.

I think we need a conclusion on this thread: Extension specs are frozen.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine