Re: pg_xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: pg_xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> work today --- in particular, this proposal will break building contrib
> before the main tree has been installed.

True that.

> If somebody wants to set up a buildfarm member that occasionally tests
> PGXS building of contrib/, that's fine with me.  But it isn't, and never
> will be, the main build scenario for contrib/ IMO.

I guess you just made a final vote on the whole idea of making contrib a
set of extensions maintained by the PostgreSQL commiters, then. It might
be good to document that position, so that the topic isn't raised again
each year?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine