Re: Add support for logging the current role - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Another little problem with the quick and dirty solution is that stuff
> that's important enough to warrant a log_line_prefix escape is generally
> thought to be important enough to warrant inclusion in CSV logs.  That
> would imply adding a column and taking the resultant compatibility hit.

Well if we're down to adding columns to the CSV format, what about
adding an explicit column where to output the query duration as an
interval literal, rather than putting it in the query string (IIRC)?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine