Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Frankly, I think we'd help 1000 times more users of we enabled a few wal
> writers by default and jumped the wal level. Mainly so they could run one
> off base backup. That's used by orders of magnitude more users than XA.

+1, or += default max_wal_senders actually ;-)

My vote would be to have default to at least 3, so that you can run both
a pg_basebackup -Xs (stream) and a standby or a pg_receivexlog in
parallel. Maybe 5 is an even better default.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine