Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2 Final Release - Mailing list pgsql-general

From merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2 Final Release
Date
List pgsql-general

>> > There is no shared python library. Linking in static libraries in
>> > dynamic extensions doesn't work on most platforms.
>>
>> Does that mean that one can't run pl/python on Redhat 7.2 ??

Trond> On IA32, it will work (with a performance penalty, "thou shall not use
Trond> static libraries in dynamic extensions"), on other archs (alpha, IA64,
Trond> S/390) it will die.

On Darwin, linking a static libperl.a works just fine, although it
creates a libperl.dynlib, which I had to symlink to libperl.so to get
it to load.

Woo hoo.  Embedded Perl.  On #perl, we were already discussing having
a Pg process put up a web-socket, or proxy through to another database
with DBI.  OK, we're crazy.