Re: Column names - Mailing list pgsql-general

From merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject Re: Column names
Date
List pgsql-general

Brett> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Mark Muffett wrote:
>> Is there a simple query to return the column names used in a table?

Brett> If you start up psql with the -E option, and then do \dt <tablename>, it
Brett> will spit out the SQL used to retrieve the metadata on your table.  You
Brett> can use that as your basis.

A little birdy whispered in my ear that my request to push all the SQL
that psql uses into views so they'd be trivially query-able and
stackable has been put on the official TO-DO list.

So, maybe in 7.2? :)