Re: [HACKERS] money data type and conversions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Subject Re: [HACKERS] money data type and conversions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Bruce Momjian
>     * Remove Money type and make synonym for decimal(x,2)
>
> What about the printing of currency symbol?

That's the one thing that the new types don't offer but that was often
problematical anyway.  In fact, I even submitted a patch to cash.c to
remove the currency symbol based on earlier discussions.  The only
reason it wasn't added was that the type was supposed to be removed
soon anyway.  Perhaps we should apply the patch anyway for now until
it is removed.