Re: [GENERAL] vacuum fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
Subject Re: [GENERAL] vacuum fails
Date
List pgsql-general
> we are using PostgreSQL 6.4.2 under FreeBSD 2.2.8.
> At a customers site we start vacuum nightly and for almost two weeks it
> has always run successfully. Now it fails and a 'vacuum verbose', run

blow away anything that can be re-created, or not needed (ie. indexes and
temp tables).

then vacuum again, rebuild indexes and away you go.

works for me.

--
[ Jim Mercer    Reptilian Research      jim@reptiles.org   +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ The telephone, for those of you who  have forgotten, was a commonly used ]