Re: [SQL] question about money type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Subject Re: [SQL] question about money type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thus spake Marcio Macedo
> Hi all,
>
> when I do a SELECT in a money field, it returns the folowing :
>
> R$2.244,00
>
> what is correct , according with my LOCALE settings,
> is there a way to format this result to
>
> 2.244,00 (without the "R$") ?

Not really.  There was once some discussion about removing the currency
string altogether on output (I even sent in patches) but it was decided
to keep it in because no one will be using the MONEY type eventually.
Everyone is being urged to use the NUMERIC type.