Re: [INTERFACES] best postgres interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] best postgres interface
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Thus spake j. eidsness
> =     I see there are a couple of perl interfaces to
> = postgres.  Does anyone have any comments as to the
> = best?  I would prefer to use perl but if people
> = think is this the wrong way to go i would like
> = to know.
>
>     I cannot tell you what the 'best' interface is, but i can tell you
> that *I* use perl (mostly cause i dunno C or C++) and it works fine. It's
> very flexible and returns tuples in a very managable manner. So far i have
> no reason to knock it, other than the fact that you application is already
> writeen in some other language (or you jus hate perl :)

I don't like Perl myself.  I used to use Tcl which has an interface in the
tree as well but since I discovered Python I'm using that almost exclusively.
The interface to it is also in the tree or information can be found at
http://www.druid.net/pygresql/.