Re: [HACKERS] create rule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] create rule
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Hi all,
>
> Seems that no one of the examples on 'man create_rule' does works.
> What about to try every example on man pages?
> Seems that's posssible to create a rule on event SELECT only to define
> Am I wrong ?

    You're  right  and  the man page for CREATE RULE is outdated.
    Rules on  the  SELECT  event  are  100%  restricted  to  view
    definitions  now  (one  single  instead  action  that selects
    exactly the same  attribute  types  and  names  the  relation
    itself has).

    I must still update that man page, thanks.

    In  the  meantime  you  might want to take a look at the rule
    system documentation of the programmers  manual,  which  I've
    written  entirely  from  scratch  after the fixes to the rule
    system for v6.4.

Jan