Re: [HACKERS] tuple return from function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] tuple return from function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sorry to say this, but I think we need the rewrite stuff done for 6.4.
> Too many bugs and limited features.

    Thats right. Do you also agree in that only the instead rules
    should be left?

> The PL/pgSQL perhaps can be started now, but not ready until 6.5?  I
> don't think we should delay 6.4 for PL/pgSQL, do you?

    It is in a good, stable state now. I would like  to  have  it
    shipped with 6.4, because removing the non-instead rules is a
    loss of functionality and at least we  must  provide  another
    way.  Someone  might  currently  use  rules  for  some  extra
    actions. But this is subject to trigger procedures. Up to now
    there's only C and Tcl available for it. Not anyone likes Tcl
    -  and  writing  the  triggers  in  C  isn't  fun   for   SQL
    programmers.

    I'll  pack  it  and  send it to you after a last check of the
    code.

Jan