Re: AW: [HACKERS] triggers, views and rules (not instead) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: AW: [HACKERS] triggers, views and rules (not instead)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim wrote:

> ??? Old instance rules system was removed by Jolly & Andrew and so
> it never supported SQL. I hope that Jan will give us PL/pgSQL soon
> and it will be used for triggers, without changing current trigger
> implementation...

    I'll start on PL/pgSQL as soon as the view-aggregate, insert-
    select-view and  the  pg_user-freed-cc_tupdesc  problems  are
    fixed.  But  due  to  time I think PL/pgSQL will be an add on
    after 6.3 and I'm very sure it  will  not  require  any  more
    changes to the trigger implementation.

Jan