Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-9.3.1-1-windows-x64.exe does not install correctly for me - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgresql-9.3.1-1-windows-x64.exe does not install correctly for me
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Dann Corbit wrote:

> The PostgreSQL installer for Windows 64 appears to be broken for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard.
>
> Even after uninstalling, removing the entire postgresql directory structure, and running the installer as
administrator,I get this error:

> "fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data ... initdb: could not change
permissionsof directory "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/data": Permission denied"

On earlier Windows versions, I have always had a similar issue. That was
usually fixable by running the installation as a local Administrator,
rather than a domain account. I'm not sure if that still applies to
2012, though.

--
Christian